Masala Lassi is a popular Indian drink made with yogurt ,spices and herbs. It is a refreshing drink that can be enjoyed any time of the day. It takes only 5 minutes to make this delicious chaas.
What is Lassi?
Lassi is a popular Indian drink made with yogurt,milk and spices. It is a great way to cool down on a hot day. There are two types one is Sweet Lassi and Savoury Lassi.
Savoury Lassi is a rich source of probiotics, aids in digestion, and prevents bloating in the stomach. It also has many other health advantages.
It takes only 5 minutes to make this refreshing and delicious chaas.
If you love this lassi, then you love my Mango lassi and some of other summer drinks like Rose Mojito and Watermelon Lemonade
Ingredients to make masala lassi
Here's a list of ingredients you'll need
- Yogurt and Water - Here I have used greek yogurt and chilled water, I suggest to use fresh curd/yogurt
- Spices - Roasted cumin powder,chaat masala
- Black salt and salt
- Herbs - Coriander leaves and mint leaves
- Ice cubes (optional)
For the details of the exact quantities of each ingredient, check the recipe card below
A short video of making Lassi
You can follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, for up to date or subscribe to my Youtube channel. Then don’t forget to subscribe to my blog to get new recipes right into your inbox for free.
How to make masala chaas : step by step
Add fresh yogurt to a blender
add all spice powders, black salt and salt
Finely chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves are added
Add water and blend
Blend all the ingredients with a hand blender
Add ice cubes(optional)
Pour immediately into a serving glass
Garnish with coriander leaves and sprinkle little chaat masala
Variations of masala Lassi
- Add finally chopped green chilli to make a spicy chaas
- You can also add ginger, black pepper powder for more flavour
- Keep any leftover lassi in the fridge for one to two days. Ice cubes are not necessary if you plan to store
Simply dry roast cumin seeds in a small frying pan until fragrant. When cooled, grind the seeds in a spice-grinder or in a mortar-pestle.
There are two types one is Sweet Lassi and Savoury Lassi
- Use a whisk or hand blender to make the yogurt smooth and frothy
- For a froth on the top of chaas, blend all the ingredients with a hand blender and pour immediately into a serving glass.
- Use the chilled water to make the lassi, if the water is not chilled, place the prepared buttermilk in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
More summer recipes:
Masala Lassi | Masala Chaas | Spiced Buttermilk
- Tall glass
1 Cup =250 ml; 1 Tablespoon = 15 ml; 1 Teaspoon = 5 ml
- 1 cup Plain yogurt Greek yogurt
- 1+½ cup Water adjust according to your choice
- ½ teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon Black salt
- ¼ teaspoon Chaat masala
- 2 teaspoon Coriander leavas
- 1 teaspoon Mint leaves
- Ice Cubes optional
- Into a jar, add yogurt, all spice powder,mint leaves,coriander leaves and ½ cup water and blend using hand blender or a whisk until its smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a another jar,add 1 cup of water,ice cubes(optional) and stir well.
- Pour the chilled chaas into a glass and garnish with coriander leaves or mint leaves and enjoy!
Do you love this recipe? If you’ve tried this and liked it, then I love to hear from you all. Give a star rating and let me know in the comments below. Also, tag me in your creations on Instagram @pavaniskitchen as I'd love to see your pictures. Don't forget to use #pavaniskitchen
Leave a Reply