Eggless Coconut Cookies -These are tasty, crispy and full of coconut flavour. So simple to make and you only need a handful of ingredients and one bowl!
Coconut Butter Cookies
These biscuits are so delicious and flavourful with the aroma of coconut. So simple and easy to make with just a handful of ingredients that are readily available in the pantry. Coconut lovers will definitely love these biscuits.
Ingredients you'll need
Here's a list of ingredients you'll need to make these coconut cookies.
- Butter - I used unsalted butter(room temperature)
- Sugar - White granulated sugar is used
- Plain flour - Here I used plain flour,but can use whole wheat flour or half of each flour
- Baking powder
- Milk -Whole milk at room temperature is used
For the details of the exact quantities of each ingredient, check the recipe card below
A short video of making cookies
You can follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, for up to date or subscribe to my Youtube channel. Then don’t forget to subscribe to my blog to get new recipes right into your inbox for free.
How to make eggless coconut cookies
Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F
Line a baking tray with parchment paper and keep it aside.
Into a mixing bowl, add butter, sugar and creamy them using an electric beater.
Next sift plain flour, baking powder. Add salt and mix well.
Add desiccated coconut to the flour.
Now add 2 to 3 tablespoon of milk and combine well and bring the mixture into dough.
Divide the dough into equal balls and shape them.
Roll them in desiccated coconut and place them on a pre-lined baking sheet.
Bake at 160°C/320°F for 15-17 minutes
Allow them to cool in the tray for a few minutes
To make a Vegan version:
- Butter- instead of normal butter, you can use vegan butter which is available now a days
- Milk - use coconut milk instead of whole milk to make vegan cookies
Variations of making coconut cookies
Instead of plain flour, you can use whole wheat flour or half plain flour and half whole wheat
You can add chocolate chips if you are making for kids
Add a little vanilla extract for a nice flavour.
You can add a pinch of cardamom powder to enhance the flavour
To store: simply place in an airtight container. The cookies will keep at room temperature for about a week. This is a great cookie recipe to make ahead of time because of the longer shelf life.
You can also freeze the butter cookies. Simply place the cookies in an airtight container or freezer bag. These cookies can keep for at least three months in the freezer.
Top tip & tricks
To make crispy cookies bring the butter to room temperature so that it will be soft enough while creaming with sugar.
Don't add all the milk at a time. Add 1-2 tablespoon of milk and check whether it needs more or not.
If you are making it later, store the dough in a cling film and keep it in the fridge.
Don't overbake the cookies, just bake until the edges and bottom turn golden brown
More delicious recipes:
Eggless Coconut Cookies
- Baking tray
- Electric beater
- Mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and keep it aside.
- Into a mixing bowl, add butter, sugar and creamy them using an electric beater.
- Next sift plain flour, baking powder. Add salt and mix well.
- Add desiccated coconut to the flour.
- Now add 2 to 3 tablespoon of milk and combine well and bring the mixture into dough.
- Divide the dough into equal balls and shape them.
- Roll them in desiccated coconut and place them on a pre-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 160°C/320°F for 15-17 minutes
- Allow them to cool in the tray for a few minutes
Do you love this recipe? If you’ve tried this and liked it, then I love to hear from you all. Give a star rating and let me know in the comments below. Also, tag me in your creations on Instagram @pavaniskitchen as I'd love to see your pictures. Don't forget to use #pavaniskitchen