This post may contain affiliate links.Please read our entire Affiliate Disclosure.
I made this yummy and mouthwatering chocolate cupcakes for a small party on weekend.They came out really delicious and so soft that even i had more than two at a time.Every one enjoyed very much and liked these cupcakes very much on the party day.
For the sponge
Self-raising flour-100grams, sifted
Golden caster sugar-145grams
Butter-40grams,at room temperature
Vanilla extract-1/2 tsp
Instant coffee-1tsp dissolved in 1 tsp hot water
For the frosting
Plain chocolate, melted and cooled-200grams
For the sponge: preheat the oven to 160C fan and line a 12-hole tin with cupcake paper cases. Tip the flour, sugar, butter and cocoa powder into a bowl and on a slow speed with handblender for one minute, until you achieve a sandy consistency.
2. Gradually pour in half of the milk and beat until just incorporated. Don’t worry if it looks a little messy at this stage – it will come together! In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining milk together with the egg, vanilla extract and coffee. Pour into the batter and beat for a couple of minutes until smooth, scraping down the side of the bowl to catch any unmixed ingredients as you go.
3. Divide the mixture between the 12 paper cases, filling each one up two-thirds full. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the sponge bounces back when prodded with a finger. Leave to cool on a wire rack while you make the frosting.
4. For the frosting: Tip the butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder into a handblender and beat until well combined. Add the cooled chocolate, then beat again for a couple of minutes until light and fluffy.
5. When the sponges have cooled completely, carefully spoon a third of the frosting into a piping bag and use it to decorate the cupcakes. Repeat until you have finished them all.
6. Decorate with mixed sugar balls and enjoy!