Here comes the rich and moist Chocolate cake recipe, which is very simple to prepare and can stay fresh for 3-5 days. Which you can use as a base for most of the cakes.
- All purpose flour/maida -1& ¾ cup
- Cocoa powder-¾cup
- Sunflower oil-½cup
- Baking powder -1&½tsp
- Baking soda- 1&½tsp
- Boiling water-1cup
- Vanilla extract-2tsp
- Instant coffee powder-1tbsp
Preparation of chocolate cake
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease and line 8inch cake tin.
- Take a bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Then add sugar to it and mix everything well.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract and using an electric whisk, beat the mixture until smooth and well combined.
- Mix instant coffee powder to the hot boiling water and stir well and keep aside.
- Add the coffee water to the batter, a little at a time, until smooth. (The cake mixture will now be very thin.)
- Pour the mixture into the greased tin and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool completely, before decorating.
- 1 & ¾ cup All purpose flour/Maida/Plain flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- ¾ cup Cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Instant coffee powder
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease and line 8inch cake tin.2.Take a bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.Then add sugar to it and mix everything well.3.Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract and using an electric whisk, beat the mixture until smooth and well combined.4.Mix instant coffee powder to the hot boiling water and stir well and keep aside.5.Add the coffee water to the batter, a little at a time, until smooth. (The cake mixture will now be very thin.)6.Pour the mixture into the greased tin and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool completely, before decorating.
If you try this recipe? Then please do take a picture and share it on Instagram with #pavaniskitchen. I want to see it.
If you love this recipe? Then please share it and follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram. Do you like to read my blog? Then don’t forget to subscribe us to get new recipes right into your inbox for free.
OMG.. this cake is divine.. so rich, moist and lovely colour.
Wow that’s a soft fluffy and moist looking chocolate cake, lovely recipe will try this for my chocoholic son he would love it, thanks for sharing.
The chocolate cake looks absolutely delicious. This is fab and favorite of everyone.
This cake looks sooo scrumptious. Want to eat it right away.
This cake looks absolutely delicious and irresistible. Instant coffee powder and boiled water in cake sounds interesting. Lovely share.
Chocolate cake looks so delicious, moist and perfectly baked.. droolesome share !
This chocolate cake surely giving a tempting look. perfect spongy and fluffy texture. Looks like the best chocolate cake recipe. Loved it.
Chocolate cake and that too so soft, moist and fluffy, a treat for the eyes!
Excellent!!! The chocolate cake is so soft and fluffy... I can't resist. Going to try this recipe for sure 🙂 Thanks for sharing!!
Droolworthy chocolate cake. The texture is so inviting and perfecly moist, I am drooling here.
I love this chocolate flavour cake and never bored of seeing them. Yours looks delish
Sasmita Sahoo Samanta
Who can deny to chocolate cake 😛
This one looks absolutely delicious. This is my fab and also favorite of everyone.
Nothing can beat a warm slice of delicious chocolate cake! Yours looks perfect!
Who can say no to such a sinful cake ? They are so rich and delicious.
i follow the same recipe..now waiting for the result🧐finger crossed coz first time i feel cake batter is too watery😳i will update you how it came out..cup measurements is according to USA measurement cup size na??
Hi Shailja, yes the cake batter will be thin don't worry. Cup measurements are standard size 1cup-235ml. Waiting for your feedback.
Please do tell me how to make eggless choclate cake for same recipie
Hi Shruthi, you can replace eggs with yoghurt. For 1 egg use 1/4 cup yoghurt, so in this recipe use 1/2 cup yoghurt