Today's recipe is about Andhra’s famous Vada that is Alasandalu /black-eyed pea fritters which is very rich in protein and it is easy to prepare. This is specially made during the festive season.
- Alasandalu/black eyed pea -1cup
- Finely chopped onion – 1cup
- Green chillies-4 or according to your taste
- Curry leaves handful
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Finely chopped ginger-1tbsp
- Coriander leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak the Alasandalu in enough water overnight or for at least 6hrs.2.
- Drain the water from the Alasandalu and transfer into a blender along with green chillies and grind into a coarse paste.
- Transfer the coarse paste into a bowl, add chopped onions, curry leaves, chopped ginger along with the required salt and combine well.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying on medium flame.
- Take a lemon size of batter into the hand and flatten it on your palm and make a small hole in the centre and drop slowly in the oil and fry them on medium flame till they are cooked or change their colour into golden.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.
- Enjoy tasty and crispy vada when they are hot.
Alasandalu | Black-eyed pea fritters
- 1 cup Alasandalu/black eyed pea
- 1 cup Finely chopped onion
- 4 Green chillies
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Finely chopped ginger
- Curry leaves Handful
- Coriander leaves Handful
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- 1. Soak the Alasandalu in enough water overnight or for at least 6hrs.2. Drain the water from the Alasandalu and transfer into a blender alongwith green chilies and grind into a coarse paste.3. Transfer the coarse paste into a bowl, add chopped onions, curryleaves, chopped ginger along with required salt and combine well.4.Heat oil in a pan for deep frying on medium flame.5.Take a lemon size of batter into the hand and flatten it on your palm andmake a small hole in the center and drop slowly in the oil and fry them onmedium flame till they are cooked or change its colour into golden.6.Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.7.Enjoy tasty and crispy Alasandalu Vada/black-eyed pea fritters when theyare hot.
If you tried my recipe, then please tag @pavaniskitchen on Instagram and I love to see your pictures. Do not forget to use #pavaniskitchen
Do you love this recipe? Then please share it and follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube Do you like to read my blog? Then don’t forget to subscribe to us to get new recipes right into your inbox for free.