Today I came with simple and delicious rice that is Mint rice/pudina rice. It is very easy to prepare and when you cook this rice, the whole house will be filled with a mint aroma. Here goes the recipe.
For Seasoning :
1.Cook rice till each grain is separate. Spread the rice over a broad plate to cool.
2.Heat a pan oil and fry green chillies and mint leaves till the leaves shrink. Grind it along with coconut, tamarind, and salt.
3.Heat a pan with oil, add the tempering ingredients mentioned above and then add finely cut onions . Saute until they are translucent.
Mint rice/pudina rice
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 2 nos Onions-2nos
- 7 nos Greenchillies
- 2 tablespoon Grated coconut
- Tamarind small lemon sized
- Salt as per taste
- 3 tablespoon Oil
- ½ cup Mint leaves
- For Seasoning :
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Black gram dal
- 1 teaspoon Bengal gram dal
- 1 tablespoon Broken cashew nuts
- Curry leaves few
- Cook rice till each grain is separate.Spread the rice over a broad plate to cool.
- Heat a tsp.of oil and fry green chilies and mint leaves till the leaves shrink.Grind it along with coconut, tamarind, and salt.
- Heat rest of the oil, fry the seasonings and then with finely cut onions till it becomes crisp.Add ground masala paste and fry few minutes till good smell comes from it.
- Reduce the flame and add cooked rice.Mix gently till rice becomes hot and then serve with papad.
If you tried my recipe, then please tag @pavaniskitchen on Instagram as I would love to see your pictures. Do not forget to use #pavaniskitchen
Do you love this recipe? Then please share it and follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube Do you like to read my blog? Then don’t forget to subscribe to us to get new recipes right into your inbox for free.
looks sooo tempting n delicious....
thank you Divya for your lovely comment.
delicious tempting pudina rice.
Thank you kitchen queen for visting my blog.
I just love rice, pudina rice never taste till now. But I would like to makes it as soon as possible. Anyway thanks for the recipe its gonna help me to have some good taste.
Thank you so much for visiting my site and giving your valuable comments.
halal restaurant thornhill
I love the aroma and the taste of mint, I tried Indian mint chutney! but nothing about rice. This looks so delicious I have to treat this on a Sunday. Thanks for the recipe
Thank you for your lovely comment.