Today I am posting a recipe from my place i.e. South Indian recipe ( Andhra Pradesh).The recipe is gutti vankaya Kura dry version.First time I tried this recipe and it tasted very delicious.We had this Kura with rice and sambar.In this recipe, eggplant/vankaya is stuffed with spices and cooked.Here goes the recipe...
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying and extra 1tablespoon for making curry
1. First, wash the brinjals and then slit the brinjals in the center into four pieces and soak them in the salt water.
2. Heat a pan with oil for deep frying, and fry the brinjals for 1 minute
( that is cook them halfway only).Remove the brinjals and keep aside.
3. Heat a pan with 1tablespoon of oil,fry all the spices by adding one by
one,till you get nice aroma.Allow it to cool add salt and grind into a
4. Take the grounded powder into a bowl and add little water to make into a dough shape.
5. Take the fried brinjals and stuff the masala into it.
6. Now again heat another pan with 1 tablespoon of oil and place the stuffed
brinjals,close it with lid and cook for 20 minutes on low flame,turning
occasionally all the sides.
7. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and transfer into a serving bowl and enjoy!