Vengaya /Brinjal Sambar
Pepper cumin Rasam
Vengaya Sambar/Brinjal Sambar
Tamarind-small lemon size
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Salt to taste
1. Clean the Toordal and pressure with 1 cup of water,Turmeric,1tbsp of oil for 3 whistles
2. Mean while soak the Tamarind in water,and chop the tomato finely.
3. Soak the sambar onions also in water,so that the skin will come out easily.
4.wash the brinjals and cut into 4pieces each ,put them in salt water so that it doesn’t get
5.Once the pressure comes out ,put the brinjals into it and once again pressure cook for
6.Heat a kadai,and pour 1tbsp of oil,then put mustard+urad dal,once its splutter put
sambar onions,curryleaves and fry them for 1mnt,and the put tomato into itand fry
them along 1tsp of Sambar pwd and fry them for 1mnt again.
7. Mean while the pressure will be out ,and add cooked dal and brinjals to seasoning and
put Tamarind juice ,salt,ajust the water required.cook for 5 mnts on high flame and
simmer for 10 mnts and garnish with corinader leaves.
Fried gram powder-1tbsp
salt to taste
1. Peel the outer skin of carrot and wash,then cut them into small pieces and boil them with
200ml of water.
2. Mean while chop the onions finely,once the carrot is cooked well.Heat the pan with 1tbsp
of oil and pour all seasoning items once they all splutter,put the chopped onions and
fry them till light brown colour.Mean while drain the water from carrot.To that
add carrot , apinch turmeric pwd,stir them and close with lid for 5mnts.
3. Then to that add 1tsp of chill pwd,salt and stir them once again so that carrot coats all the
spices.then finely add 1tbsp of fried gram pwd keep it for 2mnts and remove.
This will be really taste if u serve with hot rice.