Spicy diamond cuts
Today I am posting a recipe which we have eaten in our childhood days is spicy diamond cuts.I think now everyone would have gone into there childhood days.This snack is so simple to make and it tastes so good along with tea or coffee. Here goes the recipe.
- Plain flour/maida/all purpose flour – 1 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds/jeera -2tbsp
- White sesame seeds -1tbsp
- Green chilies -3 nos
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Curry leaves few
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
1. In a blender grind green chilies, ginger and curry leave into a fine paste by adding salt.
2. Take a bowl, pop plain flour, wheat flour, cumin and sesame seeds along with grounded paste and mix everything well, adjust salt according to your taste.
Note: Here you can use chili powder instead of green chilies paste.
3. Add 2tbsp of hot oil to the flour mixture and combine well.Add water little by little to a make stiff dough.Cover the dough with a cloth and rest it for 10 minutes.
4. Heat the oil for deep frying. Divide the dough into two balls and take one ball to roll and cover the remaining dough.
5. Apply oil on your worktop, roll the dough very thin as possible. Prick the rolled dough with a fork, to prevent puffing while frying. Cut them into triangle shape using knife or pizza cutter. Fry them in medium flame until they turn into golden color, while frying cover the remaining triangles.
6. Do the same process for the remaining dough and enjoy tasty and crunchy spicy diamonds.
Note: Store them in an airtight container after cooling and they will stay fresh for 2-3 weeks.